Study: 420 Million People Around The World Are Addicted To The Internet
Thomas Koehler/Photothek via Getty ImagesSome people might consider internet addiction to be a first-world problem and not a real affliction. A new study from the University of Hong Kong suggests otherwise.According to the study, which we first saw on Motherboard, researchers estimate that 6% of the world's population is addicted to the internet.
Some countries are taking steps to eradicate internet addiction. China was among the first countries to call it a clinical disorder. The Chinese government has even built up to 250 boot camps to try to break Chinese teens of their internet addictions.You can check out the full study here.
- El Salvador is pushing for the use of Bitcoin with ATMs, digital wallets and free money — but participation is not ‘mandatory’
- Best rugged smartwatches in India
- Best 43-inch smart TVs under ₹30,000
- A new cryptocurrency scam targeting gamers has already siphoned off $2 million in Monero
- Twitter locks out Ravi Shankar Prasad temporarily, the minister behind India’s latest IT rules