The 50 best video games of all time, according to critics
There are dozens of ways you could put together a list of the best video games ever made. You could look to classics, like "Super Mario Bros." here.
You could look at impact on the medium, or highest sales. You could write down your personal favorites on pieces of paper, then throw them into the air. Where the pieces land? That's your list.
But what we've got here is something slightly more scientific. Reviews aggregation site Metacritic compiles all reviews of games, then it averages those scores into an overall average. What you'll find below is the top 50 highest-rated games of all time, based on the averages obtained by Metacritic. We made one small change: Since there are a handful of duplicates on the list (multiple versions of the same game, released on multiple platforms), we've just taken the highest-ranked version of the game to make room for a handful of games that wouldn't have otherwise made the list.
Without further ado, these are the 50 best video games of all time:
- The college student who tracks Elon Musk's private jet says the Tesla CEO only seems to care about tracking planes if it affects him
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- How to file a consumer complaint against a company using WhatsApp
- IIT Madras team develops novel database on Covid antibodies
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- New CEO of TCS Krithivasan gets a thumbs up from analysts who are betting on his experience & leadership skills
- Indian metal stocks become attractive after massive underperformance and signs of recovery in China, says Jefferies