The fabulous life and career of 33-year-old Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, the fifth richest person on earth
Few people on earth are as successful as Mark Zuckerberg.
The Facebook CEO has grown his social network from a Harvard dorm room to nearly 2 billion users over a period of 13 years. With a stated mission to connect the world, Facebook is now working on drones and other methods of bringing internet access to unreached parts of the globe.
Zuckerberg has complete control over Facebook's future, thanks to his majority voting rights. And with a net worth of roughly $63 billion, 33-year-0ld Zuckerberg has joined the ranks of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet as one of the richest people on earth.
Together with his wife Priscilla Chan, Zuckerberg has committed to give away 99% his wealth before he dies. He's already poured millions into education efforts and has pledged billions more to initiatives like curing the world's diseases.
We've collected the highlights from Zuckerberg's humble beginnings in a New York suburb to becoming one of the most powerful CEOs in the world:
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu