Ted Cruz was awkwardly played off the stage in the middle of a speech at a conservative conference
Cruz was in the middle of an impassioned speech, which he opened by announcing, "It is June of 2017, and Hillary Clinton is not the president of the United States.""What I want to say to the men and women here is two things. Number one: thank you, thank you, thank you," Cruz began, to applause.Advertisement
"Thank you for your prayers, thank you for your passion, thank you for your time, thank you for your energy, thank you for speaking out and working to retake our nation," Cruz continued.
Music then came over the sound system and a voice introduced the following speaker, Faith & Freedom Coalition southern regional director Virginia Galloway. As Galloway walked onto the stage, Cruz looked around, apparently confused and threw up his hands. He then waved and exited the stage to cheers.President Donald Trump also spoke at the coalition's conference, telling the crowd that the conservative movement is "under siege."
- Google selects 5,300 local news organisations for funding
- NDMC seals headquarters after three employees test positive for COVID-19; 9 staffers infected so far
- 29 test COVID-19 positive in Chhattisgarh; tally nears 400
- Bengal records biggest single-day spike with 344 new COVID-19 cases
- Special tax on petrol, diesel to mop up revenue to Exchequer