Tennis legend Steffi Graf to promote Ayurveda in Kerala
The 46-year-old tennis legend resigned the field of sports for nearly two decades in 1980s and 1990s and will now promote Kerala's famed Ayurveda system of healthcare, reported PTI.
Chandy said that the state tourism department was told to make an agreement with Graf to become Ayurveda brand ambassador as part of the department's 'Visit Kerala Scheme'.
The tourism department had already reached an agreement with the former World No. 1
Kerala's Ayurveda, an ancient system of health care which is famous for its holistic effect on body and mind, attracts many from the country and abroad every year.
Graf, who had bagged 22 Grand slam single titles, had retired in 1999. She married former World No. 1 men's tennis player
She was ranked World No. 1 by the Women's
The German tennis icon won 107 singles titles, which ranks her third on the WTA's all-time list after
Moreover, she is the only player to win 3 Grand slams in a calendar year 5 times (1988, 1989, 1993, 1995 and 1996).
Graf will be roped in for the 'Visit Kerala' Season of Surprises 2015-16. Many German tourists visit Kerala at that time.
- How to bake a meteorite — scientists are heating up space rocks to recreate the birth of planets
- OYO’s ‘Hockey’ print campaign is winning the internet; there’s a lot more in store, says its head of global brand Mayur Hola
- 77 cases of Indian COVID-19 variant found in the UK
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa and MP from Punjab Harshmit Kaur Badal test COVID-19 positive
- Pakistan temporarily shuts down social media amid anti-France protests