Terrifying photos appear to show a piece of above-ground New York City subway tracks crashing through a driver's windshield
- Photos tweeted by a New York City city council member appear to show debris from the subway crashing through a car's windshield.
- A piece of wood that appears to be a railroad tie can be seen protruding from a ride-hailing vehicle's passenger seat.
- No one was injured, the councilman said in a follow-up tweet.
- "We take this incident extremely seriously, are conducting a full investigation into what happened, have personnel ensuring the rest of the area is safe, and are relieved that no one was injured," the MTA said in a statement to Business Insider.
In an event that fuels New Yorkers' nightmares, a piece of subway equipment appeared to fall and pierce the windshield of a car on Thursday.Terrifying photos shared by a City Council member show a long piece of wood, possibly a railroad tie used on the overhead tracks, protruding from a ride-hailing SUV.Advertisement
"Thankfully the driver was not injured, but someone could have been killed!," the councilman, who represents district 26 in Queens, said in a follow-up tweet. "There must be an immediate investigation into how something this dangerous could happen. @MTA must answer for our crumbling subway infrastructure before a tragedy occurs."
"We take this incident extremely seriously, are conducting a full investigation into what happened, have personnel ensuring the rest of the area is safe, and are relieved that no one was injured," the MTA said in a statement to Business Insider.
- Eros Now deletes its posts sexualising Navratri and apologises for offending internet users
- Best wireless keyboard and mouse combos
- India's Draft Space Communications Policy puts liability for damage to outer space objects on private sector players
- India's anti-tank guided missile NAG completes final test — will soon be inducted into the Indian Army
- Baby wardrobe - the bright shelf