Tesla cars will get a major update next year that owners will love
- Elon Musk tweeted that Tesla cars will receive an update to their map and navigation systems in early 2018.
- He added that Tesla is in the middle of testing the update.
- Musk also hinted that more software updates might be on the way.
While Elon Musk's plans for fully-autonomous cars are likely a few years away, Tesla owners may benefit from a major update soon.
Musk told a Twitter user on Thursday that Tesla is going to update its map and navigation systems in early 2018, and said that the update will be "light-years ahead of [the] current system."
After the Twitter user noted a lack of navigation updates over the past three years, Musk said Tesla is in the middle of testing its new system.
Musk also hinted that other Tesla updates may be on the way. After linking to a Consumer Reports survey that named Tesla as the top car brand in "owner satisfaction," Musk said that new software is "coming soon."
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
Major navigation overhaul coming in early 2018. Will be light-years ahead of current system, but we are testing it rigorously before rolling out.- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 21, 2017
Glad to see that Tesla owners are having a good experience. Working to improve further. Some cool software updates coming soon. https://t.co/16NabnHeuD- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 21, 2017
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India