Tesla has booked two straight quarters of profits - here are the 5 biggest takeaways from that achievement
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- Tesla booked a profit in the fourth quarter, after doing the same in Q3.
- Tesla has now changed things for Wall Street, for its competition, and for customers.
- The biggest takeaway is that Tesla might now become a much more boring company.
It wasn't what Wall Street expected, but after 15 years of losing money, Tesla finally turned in six months of moneymaking.
Tesla reported a second consecutive profitable quarter last week - something skeptics thought might never happen.
Here are five takeaways from Tesla's fourth-quarter results:Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
Tesla has created a cash firehose.
Wall Street isn't as fascinated by Tesla as it used to be.Advertisement
Demand for Teslas has become a confusing issue.
Tesla's "competition" has more work ahead than it might have thought.Advertisement
Tesla can lose money again!
- Top stocks to watch — Hero Moto, Airtel, Tata Motors, ICICI Bank, Adani Gas, Marico, Titan, Dr Reddy’s and others
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'