Thanks to streaming, Americans are listening to more music than ever before
- Total music listening hours have increased during the past few years
- Streaming music subscribers listen to 4 hours more per week than non-streamers
Between smartphones, tablets, smart speakers, and laptops people can listen to music at any time of the day from anywhere they'd like. Nielsen's Music 360 Report, charted here by Statista, found that all of this easy access has increased the amount of time Americans spend listening to music by quite a bit in only one year. People who subscribe to music streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music have even more music at their fingertips, and as we can see, they spend almost four more hours jamming out than non-subscribers. Streaming technology is also helping traditional radio station stay relevant - the report found that 72% of online music streamers also listen to some form of radio.
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip