The 10 cheapest places to buy a home in the US
Coldwell Banker recently released its annual Home Listing Report, which tracks the most affordable real estate markets in the US. Each of the top 10 are either in major cities or within commuting distance of a major metropolis, including Detroit and Cleveland at No. 1 and No. 2, respectively.
To determine the most affordable cities, Coldwell Banker analyzed the average listing price of more than 50,000 four-bedroom, two-bathroom homes for the period between January 2016 and June 2016. The ranking covered 2,168 markets across the US, excluding any with fewer than 10 listings.
In Detroit, a four-bed, two-bathroom house only costs around $64,110. And despite the city's notorious decline - which led to it ultimately filing for bankruptcy in 2013 - it's on an upswing. Detroit's small business scene is booming, creating jobs and revitalizing the town.
Keep reading for the cheapest places to purchase a home in the US.
- India's Omicron COVID-19 strain tally rises to 21 with 17 more testing positive for the new variant
- Route Mobile is eyeing the Latin America market to bump up its global presence
- Top smartwatches with always-on display in India
- Biometric devices for convenient identity authentication
- Best inkjet printers for business needs in India