The 10 most expensive wines and spirits sold by Christie's in 2018
- Christie's sold its most expensive spirit lot this year with a single bottle of 60-year-old whiskey that went for more than $1.5 million.
- Six of the top 10 most expensive lots on this list were French wines, while the other four were rare and antique whiskeys.
- Half of the lots on this list were sold in a single auction in London, the most successful wine and spirits sale for the auctioneer in 20 years.
This past year, auction house Christie's sold a bottle of whiskey that is worth more than seven times as much as the average American house. In fact, it even broke a world record for the most expensive scotch to ever be auctioned off.
Nearly $3.3 million of the auction house's total sales in 2018 came from just 10 high-valued alcohol lots alone.
Here's a look at the most expensive wines and spirits Christie's has sold globally in the past year, ranked in ascending order.
10. Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Montrachet 1986 — $120,960
9. Château Latour 1945 — $135,600
8. Henri Jayer, Vosne-Romanée Cros Parantoux 1999 — $136,955
7. Springbank 1919, 50 Year Old — $166,320
6. Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée-Conti 1988 — $166,320
5. The Yamazaki 50 Year Old — $181,440
4. The Macallan 50 Year Old in Lalique — $181,440
3. Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée-Conti 1988 — $332,640
2. Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée-Conti 1988 — $362,880
1. The Macallan 1926 60 Year Old — $1,512,000