The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now
Good morning! Here's what people will chatting about on Wednesday.
2. President Barack Obama will deliver a televised address Wednesday night, laying out the White House strategy to fight Islamic State extremists in Iraq and Syria.
3. Hundreds have been killed in Pakistan and India as the two regions face the worst floods in more than half a century.
4. With less than 10 days to go before the Scottish Independence Referendum, Bank of England Governor Mark Carney tore into Alex Salmond's plan to keep the pound if Scotland goes independent.
5. Meanwhile, British Prime Minister David Cameron is in Scotland to beg voters to keep the union intact.
6. Dollar General is reportedly planning a hostile takeover of Family Dollar with a $9.1 billion offer.
7. The World Economic Forum's Summer Davos kicks off in northern China's Tianjin. The meeting of more than 1,600 world leaders will last until Friday.
8. The World Health Organization said on Tuesday that nearly 2,300 people have died from Ebola in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Nigeria, with almost 50% of infections occurring in the last three weeks.
9. Microsoft is reportedly working out a deal to buy Mojang, the maker of insanely popular video game Minecraft, for $2 billion, according to DealBook.
10. Canada has located a British explorer ship that that disappeared in the Arctic more than 150 years ago, solving one of the country's "greatest mysteries," according to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
Prince Charles let slip that he hopes Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has a girl.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- RBI directs credit information companies to appoint internal ombudsman
- 5G could be India’s next growth engine, and a successful rollout hinges on telcos, govt policies
- Ambani family has been target of threats over the years
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World