The 10 most important things in the world right now
1. European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker offered Greece a last-minute bailout deal before a major debt payment is due Tuesday, though it's not clear if Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras will accept the terms.
2. Greece will likely default on its €1.6 billion (£1.14 billion, $1.79 billion) International Monetary Fund loan payment due Tuesday, ahead of a referendum on the country's bailout on Sunday, July 5.
3. A passenger on a bullet train in Japan reportedly covered their body in oil in an apparent suicide attempt, starting a fire that may have killed at least two people.
4. Two Uber executives, the manager of Uber France and the general manager for Western Europe, were taken into police custody in France for questioning on Monday after the government filed a legal complaint over UberPOP last week.
5. The world will experience a minute that lasts 61 seconds, known as a leap second, at 2359 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on Tuesday, when timekeepers adjust high-precision clocks so that they are in sync with earth's rotation.
6. In a televised address Monday night, Puerto Rico said it will soon run out of cash and called on the United States to allow a bankruptcy debt restructuring, though the US government has said it will not give the commonwealth bailout help to deal with its $73 billion (£46 billion) debt.
7. US President Barack Obama on Monday announced a proposal that would make nearly 5 million more workers eligible for overtime pay, doubling the maximum an income a salaried worker can make.
8. An explosion at a Taiwanese water park that burned 498 people and killed one person when coloured powder sprayed from a music stage caught fire, may have been sparked by a single cigarette butt.
9. TV network NBC has fired real-estate mogul and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as host of the "The Apprentice" and will not air his Miss USA and Miss Universe beauty pageants because of statements in which he called Mexican immigrants rapists and drug runners.
10. South Korea said Tuesday it had gone three days without any new cases of the deadly MERS virus, while reporting its 33rd death from the current outbreak.
And finally ...
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- IRCTC, IndiaMART, Cummins India and others have been under pressure in the last 5 days but still worth buying
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know