The 10 most important things in the world right now
Good morning! Here's what you need to know today.
1.Saudi Arabia has given Iranian diplomats 48 hours to leave the country after severing diplomatic ties between the two nations. The move comes after Iranian protesters attacked the Saudi embassy in Tehran in retaliation for Saudi Arabia's execution of a prominent Shiite cleric and 46 others.
2. Somalia's Islamist militant group al Shabaab has released a recruitment film in the form of a documentary about racial injustice in the United States featuring Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.
3. The mayor of a city south of Mexico's capital was shot to death on Saturday, less than a day after taking office, officials said. Gunmen opened fire on Mayor Gisela Mota at her house in the city of Temixco, said the government of Morelos state, where Temixco is located.
4. UKIP leader Nigel Farage has told of how someone tried to kill him by sabotaging the wheels of his Volvo. The incident took place in October near Dunkirk, the Mail on Sunday reported.
5. China's factory activity shrank for a 10th straight month in December as surveys across Asia showed industry struggling with slack demand even as the policy cupboard is looking increasingly bare of fresh stimulus.
6. A money manager sent us his top chart for 2016 - and it could be a cue for 'thunder'. Things will only get worse for Brazil, Russia, India, and China - otherwise known as the BRIC countries - in 2016.
8. A tense standoff at an Oregon wildlife center is touching on a relatively niche issue in conservative politics. On Saturday, an armed, anti-government group protesting the jail sentences of two men who set fire to federal land took control of the headquarters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in southern Oregon.
10. Apple's next-generation iPhone 7 Plus could bring big improvements in storage and battery life. According to a new report, this year's iPhone 7 Plus will come packing the biggest battery we've seen in an iPhone to date, and up to 256GB of internal storage.
And finally ... These are the 21 most anticipated movies of 2016.
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data