The 10 most important things in the world right now
Theo Klein/Getty Images
Hello! Here's everything you need to know on Wednesday.1. The big tech FAANG stocks just lost a combined $141 billion. That's enough money to go and buy McDonalds - and we don't mean for lunch.
3. New York just led the way on securing minimum wages for Uber drivers. It's the first US city to adopt a minimum wage for drivers at ride-hailing companies like Uber and Lyft.4. Facebook temporarily took down post from a former employee that shared experience of racism. It was critical memo, detailing racism he said experienced at Facebook and alleging the social network was failing its black users and employees.
5. US Senators are furious with Saudi Arabia and particularly the crown prince. The CIA Director Gina Haspel briefed senators on the killing of Washington Post contributing writer Jamal Khashoggi, and they are far from pleased.6. A letter from Einstein about God and human weakness has sold at auction. Commonly known as the "God letter," its one-and-a-half pages of genius - at least it is to Christie's - who just sold it for a very large amount of money. 7. A Reddit cofounder says we the world needs to ignore the siren song of "hustle porn." Alexis Ohanian wants a lid put on Instagramesque influencers insisting that success is a 24/7 gig. Its just "hustle porn," he says, and its not only toxic but incorrect.
8. The president of media giant Turner believes that content is still king. But David Levy says television is in dire need of a rethink.
9. Ukraine's military chief says Russia currently poses the most direct threat since 2014. General Viktor Muzhenko says the massing of Russian T-62 M tanks 11 miles from the Ukrainian border had more than doubled to 250 in just two weeks.10. Chinese police have smashed a turtle smuggling ring, collecting shells and dozens of acccesories. Nineteen turtle smugglers have been arrested on charges of killing and selling the highly sought and increasingly endangered animals.
And finally ...
- Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and other stocks to watch out for on May 6
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16