The 10 richest people in Asia
Sean Gallup/Getty Images
Even with a net worth of $26.5 billion, Alibaba's Jack Ma is only the second-richest person in Asia.
The largest continent by size and population, Asia has also grown into a financial powerhouse. It's home to the world's second-, third-, and ninth-largest economies in China, Japan, and India, respectively. The continent is also the playground for 10 of the planet's 50 wealthiest people, who are worth a combined $205 billion.
With a fortune of $29.2 billion, real estate mogul Wang Jianlin is the richest person in Asia, followed by Alibaba founder Jack Ma at $26.5 billion. India's wealthiest man, industrial magnate Mukesh Ambani, rounds out the top three with a net worth of $24.8 billion.
This comes from new data provided to Business Insider by Wealth-X, a company that conducts research on the super-wealthy, featured in our recent ranking of the world's richest people. Wealth-X maintains a database of dossiers on more than 110,000 ultra-high-net-worth people, using a proprietary valuation model to discern the size of their fortunes.
Read on to learn more about the richest people on the world's largest continent, who range from tech tycoons to real estate giants.
- 'Happy hypoxia' condition in COVID-19 patients decoded
- Guru Purnima lunar eclipse may not be visible from India — but here’s how you can still catch it live
- ICMR aims to launch indigenous COVID-19 vaccine by Aug 15
- Apple patents unique MacBook Pro with 5 displays
- New, more infectious strain of Covid-19 now dominates global cases: Study