The 11 most sophisticated online scams right now that the average person falls for
- Online scams prey on internet users' sympathy, fear, and greed.
- Some internet scams, like phishing and the dreaded "Nigerian prince" email, have been around for decades, but are growing in sophistication.
- We compiled 11 of the biggest scams on the internet today.
Some of the most elaborate scams are circulating the corners of the internet right now, from the front page of YouTube to right in your inbox.Here are some of the most sophisticated online scams on the internet.
Phishing has major consequences for the victims.
The Nigerian prince scam is one of the oldest on the internet.Advertisement
Ticket fraud leads to consumers buying fake sports and music tickets.
Some people have been messaged by celebrity impersonators.Advertisement
Other times, people feel scammed by the real influencers.
But sometimes the influencers themselves can get scammed.Advertisement
Ransomware held a whole city hostage in 2018.
Fake ransomware traps can be equally damaging.Advertisement
GoFundMe fake-outs take advantage of people's generosity.
Pump-and-dump schemes can artificially inflate the value of a currency.Advertisement
And fake news can fuel the problem.
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit