The 11 most sophisticated online scams right now that the average person falls for
- Online scams prey on internet users' sympathy, fear, and greed.
- Some internet scams, like phishing and the dreaded "Nigerian prince" email, have been around for decades, but are growing in sophistication.
- We compiled 11 of the biggest scams on the internet today.
From phishing schemes to fake ticket vendors, online scams prey on different facets that drive us, like sympathy, fear, and greed.
What online scams all have in common is that they prey on their audiences' naïveté and ignorance.
Some of the most elaborate scams are circulating the corners of the internet right now, from the front page of YouTube to right in your inbox.
Here are some of the most sophisticated online scams on the internet.
Phishing has major consequences for the victims.
The Nigerian prince scam is one of the oldest on the internet.
Ticket fraud leads to consumers buying fake sports and music tickets.
Some people have been messaged by celebrity impersonators.
Other times, people feel scammed by the real influencers.
But sometimes the influencers themselves can get scammed.
Ransomware held a whole city hostage in 2018.
Fake ransomware traps can be equally damaging.
GoFundMe fake-outs take advantage of people's generosity.
Pump-and-dump schemes can artificially inflate the value of a currency.
And fake news can fuel the problem.
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024