The 12 best luxury hotel brands in the world that every traveler should experience
- LTI - Luxury Travel Intelligence - recently released its latest ranking of the world's best luxury hotel brands.
- LTI's extensive algorithm is based on 123 criteria. The company analyzed luxury hotel brands with 10 or more properties worldwide to find the 12 best.
- The top spots included well-known names like Belmond, Four Seasons, and Mandarin Oriental.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUTo that end, LTI - Luxury Travel Intelligence (a members-only digital resource for all things luxury travel) recently released its annual ranking of the top luxury hotel brands in the world. Turns out, the consensus on which chains are the best of the best has shifted drastically since the company's last list was released.
AdvertisementRead more: I toured a $975-a-night luxury resort in Jackson Hole, and I found that it delivers on 2 of the top desires of wealthy travelers: privacy and experienceLTI's ranking (which focused only on brands with 10 or more properties) is based on 123 "touch points" across a multitude of areas, co-founder Michael Crompton told Business Insider.
The team of 12 researchers scored each brand on factors including staff and training, commitment to service levels, upkeep, refurbishment and new builds, marketing, the reservation processes, food and beverage standards, spa operations, and the quality of management and accessibility, among many others. The assessment process took place over the course of 12 months.
MSME EXCHANGE 2021Join us in amplifying the voice of over 60 million MSMEs in IndiaJune 28 - 29, 05:00 PM onwards
Here are the world's best luxury hotel brands, ranked in ascending order.
9. St. Regis
8. Six Senses
5. Oetker Collection
3. Four Seasons
2. Mandarin Oriental
Other brands that didn't make the cut but ranked highly enough to be monitored throughout the upcoming year included (in alphabetical order): Alila, Banyan Tree, Dorchester Collection, Fairmont, Firmdale, Jumeirah, Oberoi, Park Hyatt, Peninsula, Raffles, Ritz Carlton, Rocco Forte, Shangri-La, Soho House and The Luxury Collection.
LTI's ranking only took into account brands with 10 or more properties. Those with less than 10 that still ranked highly according to their algorithm included (in alphabetical order): Bulgari, Capella, Cheval Blanc, Maybourne, Montage, and Soneva.
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club