The 13 best universities in the UK if you want a job in cyber security
Queen's University Belfast
For the last half decade, the UK government and security industry has been warning we are in the middle of a massive cyber skills gap.
The lack of skilled defenders means many companies are woefully vulnerable to attacks, a trend that has been showcased by the sweep of mega data breaches to afflict big name companies, including Target, JP Morgan, and Wal-Mart.
On the plus side, it means that companies are now willing to pay big bucks for cyber professionals. According to Robert Half Technology's Salary Guide, security professionals salaries are the fastest growing in the country.
But with many roles requiring some pretty hefty training, and the letters MSc or Phd before an applicant's name, most will need to study at a post grad level to break into the industry.
Here to help, we've made a list of the the only 13 universities in the UK to have received the government's hallowed Academic Centres of Excellence in Cyber Security Research (ACEs-CSR) accreditation - which means they turn out top-knotch research - and then ranked them according to their computer science ranking on the Complete University Guide.
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry