The 15 best states for job seekers in 2017
Everyone knows location is a big deal in the real estate world.
But it's also a crucial factor in the job search, too.Personal finance site WalletHub found that landing a gig is far easier in some states than in others. WalletHub assigned each US state a score based on numerous factors, including median annual income adjusted for the cost of living, share of employees with private health insurance, and the number of workers living below the poverty line.Advertisement
The site also assigned each state an employment outlook score using Gallup's job creation index. The score is based on the amount workers say their place of employment is increasing or decreasing the size of its workforce, with the highest score of 42 indicating the best employment outlook.
To read more about the study's methodology, check out the full report here.Here are the most job-seeker-friendly states in the US:
Ana Pelisson/Business Insider
- Curfew, alcohol ban as S Africa extends national state of disaster amid rampant COVID-19 infections
- Noida: 64 people arrested, 1,904 vehicles penalised for violating COVID-19 curbs
- Employ youths who returned due to lockdown in construction of AIIMS in Assam: Sonowal to contractor
- COVID-19 tally in Nashik goes beyond 7,000-mark; deaths 332
- Pune records highest single-day spike of 1,088 COVID-19 cases