The 15 best states for job seekers in 2017
Everyone knows location is a big deal in the real estate world.
But it's also a crucial factor in the job search, too.
Personal finance site WalletHub found that landing a gig is far easier in some states than in others. WalletHub assigned each US state a score based on numerous factors, including median annual income adjusted for the cost of living, share of employees with private health insurance, and the number of workers living below the poverty line.
The site also assigned each state an employment outlook score using Gallup's job creation index. The score is based on the amount workers say their place of employment is increasing or decreasing the size of its workforce, with the highest score of 42 indicating the best employment outlook.
To read more about the study's methodology, check out the full report here.
Here are the most job-seeker-friendly states in the US:
Ana Pelisson/Business Insider
- Retail auto sales grow 11% in September, but still below pre-Covid levels, says FADA
- Slow recovery of low income households slowed down India's economic recovery: Kotak report
- Best cars under ₹20 lakh to buy this festive season
- India saw 20.5 billion online transactions worth ₹36 trillion in Q2: report
- Nobel prize winner Svante Paabo's DNA discoveries offer clues as to what makes us human