The 15 Highest-Paid CEOs In America
In the last three decades, CEO pay grew at a faster rate than any other top executive. In fact, CEOs were paid 273 times more than their average employee in 2012, according to a study by the Economic Policy Institute. Oftentimes, these highly paid CEOs can count on their hefty paychecks whether their companies are doing well or poorly.
Using data from FindTheCompany, a site that compiles information on more than 30 million companies and more than 200,000 corporate officers in America, we've identified the 15 highest-paid CEOs in America.
Interestingly, Yahoo's Marissa Mayer is the only woman who made it on our list, with $36.6 million in total compensation in 2012 - a figure that, while impressive, pales in comparison to Oracle CEO Larry Ellison's $96.2 million.
Disclosure: Total compensation for executives is disclosed to the SEC to provide a comprehensive overview of a company's pay practices. FindTheCompany uses the same figure and methodology as the SEC. To clarify, the total compensation includes salary and other pay, such as restricted stock options, which may be distributed throughout a long-term contract.
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries