The 15 highest-paying jobs for people who want to work less than 40 hours a week
As a result, more Americans are feeling overworked.
To find jobs that allow you to maintain work-life balance but still get paid well, we analyzed US Census data for about 478 occupations from the Minnesota Population Center's 2014 American Community Survey Integrated Public Use Microdata Series.
Based on that survey data, the average American works close to 40 hours a week and has a total income - a combination of salary, business, and any other form of money earned in a year - of about $50,569.
While some may work more or less than the average depending on their employer or where they are in their career, people with the following professions report typically working an average of less than 40 hours a week and earning at least $60,000 a year, on average:
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter