The 15 highest-paying jobs for people who want to work less than 40 hours a week
As a result, more Americans are feeling overworked.
To find jobs that allow you to maintain work-life balance but still get paid well, we analyzed US Census data for about 478 occupations from the Minnesota Population Center's 2014 American Community Survey Integrated Public Use Microdata Series.
Based on that survey data, the average American works close to 40 hours a week and has a total income - a combination of salary, business, and any other form of money earned in a year - of about $50,569.
While some may work more or less than the average depending on their employer or where they are in their career, people with the following professions report typically working an average of less than 40 hours a week and earning at least $60,000 a year, on average:
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data