13. Jonathan Nelson, Omnicom Digital chief executive officer
Notes: Nelson joined Omnicom in 2002 when it purchased his interactive agency, Organic. He was named the CEO of Omnicom Digital in 2009, and he oversees strategy for all of holding company Omnicom's digital assets.
12. Timothy Andree, president and CEO of Dentsu Holdings USA and executive chairman of the Dentsu Aegis network
Compensation: ($3,489,881) ¥432 million
Notes: Andree played an important role in spearheading Dentsu's acquisition of Aegis Group in 2013. Once the acquisition was complete he was appointed executive chairman of the Dentsu Aegis Network. He was also appointed as the first non-Japanese board director.
11. Alfonso Rodés Vilà, CEO of Havas Media Group
Compensation: ($3,689,195) €3,343,328
Notes: Interestingly, VilÀ received more in total compensation last year than his boss Yannick Bolloré, who is the CEO of parent company Havas. Bolloré was paid €907,070 ($1,001,310.)
10. Philippe Krakowsky, chief strategy and talent officer at Interpublic Group
Notes: Krawkowsky works with Interpublic CEO Michael Roth to define the strategy for the group. He also oversees talent management, training and development, and compensation benefits. His pay in 2013 was $3,847,630.
9. Maurice Lévy, CEO of Publicis Groupe
Compensation: ($4,968,000) €4,500,000
Notes: Lévy receives no fixed compensation — his entire salary is variable, dependent on financial and non-financial objectives set the previous year.
8. Philip Angelastro, Omnicom chief financial officer
Notes: Angelastro replaced longtime CFO Randy Weisenberger in September 2014. He was previously the company's SVP of finance and controller.
7. Frank Mergenthaler, chief financial officer at Interpublic Group
Notes: Mergenthaler's compensation was up 9% year on year.
6. Mark Read, WPP Digital CEO
Compensation: ($5,377,664) £3,435,000
Notes: In January this year WPP announced Read was taking on the role as CEO of WPP agency Wunderman, while continuing his executive responsibilities for the wider WPP group. However, the move did also see him step down from the agency network's board.