The 20 Most Innovative Cities In The US
Silicon Valley, most of the world's health care
Patenting is at its highest level since the Industrial Revolution, according to a new report from The Brookings Institution. And this innovation isn't driven by patent trolls but instead from long term drivers of growth.
Still, America produces only the 9th most patents per person, and could fall behind if it doesn't produce more scientists and engineers.
Increasingly, inventions are concentrated around unique institutions, unique companies, and unique cities. 63 percent of patents come from just 20 areas, and someone from San Jose is 600 times more likely to produce a patent than someone in McAllen, Texas.
- Bhavish Aggarwal does an Elon Musk, hints at an electric car launch on Twitter while struggling with electric scooter deliveries
- Xiaomi continues to dominate Indian smartphone market despite losing market share
- Aluminum industry wants custom duty on scrap to be increased to 10% to protect domestic companies
- Bajaj Finserv, Tata Comm, Info Edge and some L&T Group companies among worst losers in the market crash
- Micromax IN Note 2 with MediaTek Helio G95 SoC, 48MP quad camera launched in India