The 20 wealthiest private colleges in America
The wealthiest private colleges in America eclipse many corporate giants as financial powerhouses. The endowment for Yale University, for instance, is worth nearly twice as much Macy's or MGM Resorts. Harvard University - the richest college in the country and $13 billion wealthier than Yale - could buy Prudential, General Mills, or Nokia with its $36 billion endowment.Schools like Yale and Harvard use their endowments to support their operating budget and invest for future opportunities, from providing scholarships and financial aid to funding research and other initiatives. The richest colleges, frequently the most prestigious, can offer more of these opportunities to their students and community, giving them a leg up in recruitment and helping them burnish their academic reputation.
Business Insider rounded up the 30 richest colleges overall, and below we've highlighted the 20 wealthiest private colleges - which all boast endowments of more than $3 billion.Additional reporting by Alex Morrell.
- Modi, Biden, Morrison, and Suga may meet for the first-ever QUAD leaders’ summit this month
- Rs 350 cr in state budget for development of Gairsain capital region: U'khand CM
- Mamata Banerjee releases TMC's candidate list for Bengal elections
- TV prices to rise by ₹3,000 from April 1, 2021
- Supreme Court challenges India's new rules for governing Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and other OTTs — no 'appropriate action' listed against those who violate regulations