The 23 coolest neighbourhoods in Europe, according to travel bloggers
Travel website Travel Supermarket partnered with bloggers Adam Goffman, who runs "Travels of Adam," and Emily Ray from "The Cosy Traveller" to find out which neighbourhoods across Europe will become tourist hotspots in 2017.
The ranking was broken down into three categories - culture, creativity, and value - and looked at the ratio of trend-setting and creative industry indicators (such as independent coffee shops, vintage fashion stores, independent bike shops, co-working spaces and art galleries/studios) to the number of residents. Penalty points were subtracted for areas that had high numbers of big chain brands such as Starbucks, Costa and Pret a Manger.
The bloggers' hipster hangouts are spread all over the continent, from Manchester to Berlin, and include everything from former Soviet borders to self-proclaimed republics and anarchist squats.
Keep scrolling to see the most alternative neighbourhoods in Europe.
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts