The 25 best countries for tourists in 2019, ranked
JR-stock / Getty Images
- The World Economic Forum released its ranking of the best countries for tourists in 2019.
- The organization looked at factors including business environment, safety and security, tourist infrastructure, cultural resources, and price competitiveness.
- Spain, France, Germany, and Japan tied for the top spot.
- The US, the UK, Australia, and Canada all made the top 10.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The World Economic Forum has ranked the best countries for tourists in 2019.In its Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2019, the organization analyzed data from international organizations and conducted a survey of executives, looking at five main factors in 140 countries:Advertisement
- Business environment
- Safety and security
- Health and hygiene
- Human resources and labor market
- ICT (information and communications technology) readiness
Most of the countries that made the top 25 are in Europe, but Japan, the US, Australia, and Canada all made the top 10 too.Here are the top 25 countries for tourists in 2019, ranked.
T19. New ZealandAdvertisement
T17. South KoreaAdvertisement
T17. Hong KongAdvertisement
6. United KingdomAdvertisement
5. United States
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry