The 25 best countries for tourists in 2019, ranked
JR-stock / Getty Images
- The World Economic Forum released its ranking of the best countries for tourists in 2019.
- The organization looked at factors including business environment, safety and security, tourist infrastructure, cultural resources, and price competitiveness.
- Spain, France, Germany, and Japan tied for the top spot.
- The US, the UK, Australia, and Canada all made the top 10.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The World Economic Forum has ranked the best countries for tourists in 2019.
In its Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2019, the organization analyzed data from international organizations and conducted a survey of executives, looking at five main factors in 140 countries:
- Business environment
- Safety and security
- Health and hygiene
- Human resources and labor market
- ICT (information and communications technology) readiness
The WEF also looked at a country's prioritization of tourism, international openness, tourist infrastructure, cultural and natural resources, and price competitiveness.
Each country was given an overall score between 1 and 7; because the top score was shared by four countries equally, there is no No. 1 entry in the ranking below.
Most of the countries that made the top 25 are in Europe, but Japan, the US, Australia, and Canada all made the top 10 too.
Here are the top 25 countries for tourists in 2019, ranked.
T19. New Zealand
T17. South Korea
T17. Hong Kong
6. United Kingdom
5. United States
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more