The 25 highest-paid players in the NHL
Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
The NHL is still in a bit of a transition when it comes to how much money their top players are making.
Prior to the new collective bargaining agreement (CBA), teams took advantage of a loophole that allowed players to be paid more than they normally would under the salary cap. That loophole led to some skewed salaries and has since been corrected.
Still, several of the NHL's highest-paid players are playing on deals made under the old rules.
This year's list of the NHL's highest-paid players includes 11 centers, eight wingers, five defensemen, and just one goaltender.
Here are the 25 players who will make at least $8.5 million this season, with data provided by Spotrac.
- Gandhar Oil IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India