The 25 largest homes for sale in the United States, ranked
Courtesy of Douglas Elliman PR
"Serenity Ridge" - a property for sale in Colorado - was originally built as a corporate retreat. It has over 45,000 square feet of floor space.
- The largest homes currently on the market in the US range from 32,000 to 70,000 square feet.
- We teamed up with Zillow to take a look at the largest homes for sale, from a historic Virginia manor to a recently renovated Bel Air mansion.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
The largest home for sale in the US is a whopping 70,000-square-foot abandoned Philadelphia mansion. To offer some context, that's about 15,000 square feet larger than the White House.
We teamed up with Zillow to look at the largest homes currently on the US housing market, including Red Sox owner John Henry's Florida vacation home and Cher's former Beverly Hills estate. Other luxury properties in the top 25 range from a historic Virginia manor to a recently renovated Bel Air mansion with room to park 80 cars.
Read more: There are too many multimillion-dollar mansions for sale in Los Angeles, and real-estate agents are going to extreme lengths to get them off the market
Many of these homes have been on the market for years, as luxury homes have become hard to sell. Previous reporting from Business Insider's Lina Batarags shows that customized houses - like many of the country's largest - are hard to sell as they include extremely personalized features that do not appeal to every buyer.
Keep reading for a look at the largest homes for sale in the US:
25. A Beverly Hills mansion previously owned by Hollywood names such as Cher and Eddie Murphy is now up for sale. The home has 32,000 square feet of space.
24. A massive home in Colorado is over 32,000 square feet.
23. Reasonably priced compared to other luxury homes of its size, a 33,000-square-foot Wisconsin mansion is on the market for a little over $3 million.
22. Priced at almost $15 million, a Utah luxury home features 33,000 square feet of space.
21. A large equestrian property is available in Florida for $23.6 million.
20. Another Florida property includes almost 37,000 square feet of floor space.
19. For $10 million less, a 36,000-square-foot Bel Air mansion is also on the market.
18. A 36,000-square-foot Santa Ana home offers views of Catalina Island and Newport Beach.
17. Known as "The Oaks," a 36,000-square-foot country estate sits on lakefront property.
16. A luxury estate in the Philadelphia area consists of almost 37,000 square feet.
15. A $23 million Dallas mansion is over 37,000 square feet — and includes its own outdoor waterpark.
14. Another massive Bel Air mega-mansion is on the market, complete with glass walls throughout the home for unobstructed views.
12. A 40,700-square-foot estate is available in Knoxville Tennessee.
11. John Henry— owner of the Boston Red Sox, The Boston Globe, and Liverpool Football Club — lowered the asking price of his 41,000-square-foot Boca Raton mansion in April.
10. A 43,000-square-foot mansion is for sale in Summerland, California.
9. Another massive Beverly Hills property is on the market for a whopping $150 million.
8. Known as "Brisa Del Mar," a 43,000-square-foot home is available in Lantana, Florida.
7. A large property in upstate New York includes its own tennis court.
6. A former corporate retreat — known as "Serenity Ridge" — includes over 45,000 square feet of space.
5. A 50,000-square-foot Utah mansion joined the luxury market a little over a month ago.
4. A 50,000-square-foot property in Westlake Village, California received a $25 million price cut in March.
3. Located on Lake Windmere in Florida, a 51,000-square-foot private estate sits on 18 acres of private property.
2. The 50,000-square-foot Muy Grande Ranch and Resort is currently for sale in North Michigan.
1. Lynnewood Hall ranks as the largest home for sale in the United States, with 55 bedrooms and 70,000 square feet — over 15,000 square feet larger than the second-place ranch.