The 28 most expensive cities to eat in around the world
Prices vary around the world for basic items such as a cup of coffee, a beer, or a club sandwich, but the cost of those items can reveal a great deal about how expensive it is to live and travel in those destinations.
Hotels.com put together its annual Club Sandwich Index (CSI), which analyzes the costs of hotel dining worldwide.
The survey calculated average prices of specific food items, like a club sandwich, burger, cup of coffee, and cup of wine paid by guests in five-, four-, and three-star hotels in 28 major cities around the world.
For the third year in a row, Geneva, Switzerland ranked as the most expensive city in the world, with a burger costing a whopping $37.80 and a basic club sandwich costing $30.59.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- IT giant Infosys reappoints Salil Parekh as CEO and MD for next five years
- WhatsApp will end support for iOS 10 and iOS 11 from October onwards
- Xiaomi and Leica partner for a flagship device, Xiaomi 12 Ultra expected to launch in July
- Zomato, HDFC, HDFC Bank, Paytm and other hot stocks to watch out for on May 23
- Telangana minister wants cess scrapped and fuel prices back to 2014 levels