The 28 most expensive cities to eat in around the world
Prices vary around the world for basic items such as a cup of coffee, a beer, or a club sandwich, but the cost of those items can reveal a great deal about how expensive it is to live and travel in those destinations.
Hotels.com put together its annual Club Sandwich Index (CSI), which analyzes the costs of hotel dining worldwide.
The survey calculated average prices of specific food items, like a club sandwich, burger, cup of coffee, and cup of wine paid by guests in five-, four-, and three-star hotels in 28 major cities around the world.
For the third year in a row, Geneva, Switzerland ranked as the most expensive city in the world, with a burger costing a whopping $37.80 and a basic club sandwich costing $30.59.
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts