The 5 easiest ways to instantly ruin a job interview
In a new survey from CareerBuilder, conducted online by Harris Poll on behalf of the jobs site, more than 2,500 hiring managers and employers shared the five things they consider "instant deal breakers" in an interview. Not surprisingly, lying ranked No. 1.Sometimes when we're nervous, desperate, or feel insecure, we lie to protect ourselves or improve the way others perceive us. But it's important to fight the instinct - especially in a job interview.
"You also shouldn't lie about working somewhere you haven't or obtaining educational credentials you haven't actually earned," he adds. "These are easily confirmed in background checks and tend to come out in the end."Here are the other common ways job candidates ruin job interviews:
- Debris from China's disintegrating rocket enters Earth's atmosphere
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation