The 5 highest-paid CEOs of 2018, including $129 million for Discovery's David Zaslav
Getty / Scott Olson
The highest-paid CEO of 2018 made nearly double that of the second-highest-paid CEO.Discovery CEO David Zaslav earned $129 million in 2018, while Disney CEO Bob Iger earned $65 million, according to The Wall Street Journal. Other top earners of last year include AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson and Jefferies Group CEO Richard Handler.
Iger and Stephenson recently guided their companies into industry-shaking mergers, and media continues to be a lucrative sector for CEOs. AT&T bought Time Warner last year for $85 billion. Disney bought Fox last year for $71 billion, and the deal officially closed last week. Both CEOs are now tasked with overseeing their respective mergers while also launching streaming services (both Disney+ and WarnerMedia's streaming service are expected to debut later this year).Below are the highest-paid CEOs of 2018:
5. Randall Stephenson — AT&T
4. Stephen MacMillan — Hologic
3. Richard Handler — Jefferies Group
2. Bob Iger — The Walt Disney Company
1. David Zaslav — Discovery, Inc.
- Tech giants Google, Amazon, and Apple back work authorisation in US for spouses of H-1B visa holders
- This new book about saving a forest as big as 178,000 football fields is only partly fictional
- Cyclone Tauktae causes heavy rains in Kerala — coastal areas are badly affected
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat