The 5 most important announcements Apple made at its biggest conference of the year, and what they mean for the future
Apple made a ton of important announcements at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) keynote.
But while some announcements were fun and exciting, others laid important groundwork for developers, consumers, and Apple itself.And so, here are the 5 most important announcements Apple made at WWDC 2018, its biggest conference of the year:
1. In its effort to bring augmented reality (AR) to the mainstream, Apple teamed up with Pixar to make a new compact file format that's optimized for sharing GIFs and videos that feature 3D graphics and animations.
2. Apple is making Siri much more useful, thanks to Siri Shortcuts, a new feature born from Apple's acquisition of the excellent Workflow app.Advertisement
3. MacOS Mojave introduces several new features to Mac computers, but perhaps the best among them is a new feature that automatically organizes your desktop files for you, called Stacks.
4. Apple introduced software that can actually help people from getting too distracted by their phones.Advertisement
5. Apple also offered a sneak peek of an ambitious project it's working on: the ability to easily convert iOS apps into Mac apps.
Want more WWDC coverage?Advertisement
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year