The 6 best industries for small businesses to thrive in, from food trucks to health to micromobility
- Starting a small business is no small task.
- 20% of small businesses fold in their first year, in part because they didn't find the right niche in their industry.
- These six industries - among them health, personal nutrition, and mobility - offer an ideal climate for small businesses to thrive.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
There are more than 30 million small businesses in the US.
And it always helps to be in the right market.
These six industries are quickly expanding, and finding a niche within them would be ideal for small businesses.
According to a report by small business resource site Fundera, these fields - micromobility, health, food trucks, personal training, personal nutrition, and consumer retail - are among the fastest growing. And since 20% of small businesses fold within their first year, it's prudent to select the right industry in the first place.
Here are six of the most lucrative industries for small businesses, plus what you need to get your business started.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Linda Yaccarino to take over as new Twitter CEO on Monday, hires key aide
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Wipro, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Life among stocks to watch
- OPEC Plus will continue oil output cuts as prices remain unchanged
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238