The 'Amazon of China' invented a holiday called Singles' Day - and they made $14 billion in 24 hours
$14 Billion. That's how much Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce giant, made in just 24 hours last November. It happened during an unofficial Chinese holiday called "Singles' Day." But what is Alibaba, what is Singles' Day, and how did they make so much money so quickly?
Follow Tech Insider: On Facebook
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes