THE ART OF ACTIVISM: How Greta Thunberg's matter-of-fact way of speaking and taking action turned her into a global icon
- Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old Swedish climate activist, has a unique way with words.
- Her activism, which began a year ago in front of the Swedish parliament building, has grown into a mass movement which culminated in the Global Climate Strike last Friday.
- Here's why Thunberg's voice, demeanor, and actions have made her world famous.
- This article is part of Business Insider's ongoing series on Better Capitalism.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The 16-year-old Swedish climate activist has a unique way with words. She's direct, unapologetic, at times emotional, but at once soft-spoken. Her activism, which began in August 2018 with small "School Strike for Climate" protests outside the Swedish parliament building in Stockholm, has turned into a global movement.Here's how Thunberg's voice, demeanor, and demonstrations propelled her to worldwide prominence.