The best baking mats you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Baking mats provide a non-stick surface so you can safely bake foods without using butter or oil to guarantee an easy release.
- There's not a whole lot of variation between baking mats, but the Silpat mats rise above competitors for their durability, eco-friendly construction, and longevity.
- The mats are so long lasting that many people keep their Silpat mats for years before finally replacing them.
The good news is that the lack of differences between baking mats can help you narrow down the options. For example, your top pick might be a set of mats that will work well in a traditional cookie sheet as well as smaller pans. Others choose mats that are dishwasher safe, or that contain measuring marks for rolling out dough, crusts, and pastries.
The best baking mats feature a mix of food grade silicone and fiberglass for added durability. Most are built to withstand oven temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, although many of the mats in our guide should be kept at slightly lower temperatures. Baking mats can also go from one temperature extreme to the next, such as a freezer to oven, without damaging the material.
If you're like me, you're also interested in baking mats with non-stick properties, which means you don't have to use any added oil or grease. These baking mats promise easy food release, whether you're baking cookies, roasting veggies, or cooking something else. Of course, once you're done baking, you'll need to clean up somehow. While some of these mats can go in the dishwasher, others should be washed by hand. If fast and easy clean-ups are a priority, make sure that the mat is dishwasher safe before purchasing.
Certain habits can help extend the life of your baking mat, whether you've opted for the budget version or the premium baking mat on this list. For starters, avoid cutting the mat. Some new owners found this out the hard way, either by accident or because they didn't know that baking mats aren't designed to be cut.
Here are the best baking mats you can buy:
- Best baking mat overall: Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
- Best budget baking mat: AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat
- Best baking mat for pastries: BakeitFun Large Round Silicone Pastry Mat
- Best baking mat bundle: Rozotti Silicone Baking Mat
- Best baking mat for even heat distribution: Silchef Silicone Baking Mat
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.