The best bronzers for fair skin
- Bronzer is great for bringing life to fair skin, but there's a fine line between getting a sun-kissed glow and a botched spray tan.
- Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer is one of the most natural-looking, versatile bronzers we've tried. There's even a Lite version for ultra-fair complexions, though we're partial to the original shade.
Like many fair-skinned individuals, if I step outside for even five minutes sans sunscreen, I can practically feel myself getting burned.
That's why bronzer is my go-to makeup hack for livening up my decidedly un-tan complexion. Lydia Deetz from "Beetlejuice" might be my style icon, but not quite my beauty one.
Nailing the right bronzer shade for fair skin can be tricky. You have to pay attention to color depth, pigmentation, and undertone. If a bronzer is fairly sheer, you can go a bit deeper with the color, but not too much - the number one thing you'd want to avoid is dusting your cheeks with powder that makes your face look like a tanning bed disaster.
Knowing your undertones is important for bronzer shopping too, no matter your skin tone. You're basically looking for a shade that's similar to your complexion - you know, if you were actually capable of getting a tan.
Here are the best bronzers for fair skin you can buy:
- Best bronzer for fair skin overall: Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer
- Best bronzer without shimmer for fair skin: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Nude Bronze Light
- Best bronzer with shimmer for fair skin: Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Bali Sands
- Best drugstore bronzer for fair skin: Wet 'n Wild Coloricon Bronzer in Ticket to Brazil
- Best peach-toned bronzer for fair skin: Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Sun-Kissed
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.