The 'best chips ever' are only available in jail
According to NBC News' Rebecca Davis and Jake Heller, the chip brand The Whole Shebang is nearly impossible to find outside of jail. Its chips are apparently so mind-blowing that after leaving jail, people become obsessed with finding the snack.
"I did 60 days and wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for whole shabangs," reads one comment on the brand's Facebook page. "Thank you for saving me and introducing my taste buds to real divine flavor fit for royalty."
The brand's parent company Keefe Group sells the chips exclusively to correctional facilities, NBC reports.
I've had some good chips, but the best chips ever are called The Whole Shabang I got threw commissary in jail ??
I've had some good chips, but the best chips ever are called The Whole Shabang I got threw commissary in jail ??- The Masta (@clackmasta) July 4, 2015
"Why did i have to go to jail to experience the best chips ever made????" reads another comment. "Well.... back to jail it is."
Thankfully, you don't actually have to go to jail to buy the chips. Though The Whole Shebang chips aren't sold at traditional retailers, the company now also has a website so shoppers can buy the chips themselves - no incarceration necessary.
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again