The best color eyeshadow palettes you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- So many popular eyeshadow palettes focus on neutrals, but color is having a major moment.
- The Urban Decay Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette is a wearable mix of bold and natural shades in a variety of finishes, from matte to metallic.
Neutral eyeshadow palettes get most of the attention. It makes sense - they tend to be more wearable, at least at first glance. Browns, beiges, and champagne shimmers are work-appropriate eyeshadow staples.But who decided color isn't suitable for daily life? While I tend to gravitate toward muted shades most often, I definitely like an occasional pop of purple or blue. Some color eyeshadow palettes are really a mix of neutrals and bright shades, while others are pure rainbow.
Which one you choose will likely depend on what you already have in your collection. If you already have tons of matte-brown shades, you may want to pick up a smaller, less expensive palette full of brights to play around with. Or, opt for an all-encompassing selection that can be useful for every single day. As a beauty writer, I've tried many eyeshadows on the market. Based on my research along with customer favorites, these are our picks for the best color eyeshadow palettes you can buy.
The best color eyeshadow palettes you can buy in 2019:
- Best color eyeshadow palette overall: Urban Decay Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette
- Best drugstore color eyeshadow palette: NYX Professional Makeup Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette
- Best glittery color eyeshadow palette: Fenty Beauty Moroccan Spice Eyeshadow Palette
- Best rosy eyeshadow palette: Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Subversive La Vie En Rose Eyeshadow Palette
- Best color eyeshadow palette for neutral lovers: Morphe Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.