The best contour kits you can buy
- Contouring plays with shadows and highlights to help give you instantly sculpted cheekbones - no fancy treatments required.
- Our top pick is the Lorac Pro Contour Palette, and it comes with six buttery-soft contouring and highlighting powders to suit a range of skin tones, and a multi-purpose brush for convenience.
Contouring is one of the more intimidating makeup techniques, but the basic principle is actually pretty simple.
At its root, contouring is about making use of shadows and highlights to help sharpen the look of your cheekbones and give your face a more sculpted appearance.There are many ways to go about it, but really, all you need is a cool-toned brown powder, cream, or liquid that's a shade or two darker than your skin tone, and highlighter. Blend the contour in the hollows of your cheeks and along the hairline and jawline to create a chiseled line, and place the highlighter on the high-points of your face - cheekbones, tip of the nose, center of the forehead, and Cupid's bow. The key to a realistic contour is to blend, blend, blend - there should be no harsh lines between the makeup and your skin. Advertisement
Most contour kits have a mix of contour and highlighter shades to play with. A basic palette might have as little as two colors, while a more advanced kit can include up to six or eight. For everyday use, you probably won't need a ton of shades, but makeup artists and people who want a full glam look might want a larger palette to create more depth.
The best contour kits you can buy:
- Best overall: Lorac Pro Contour Palette with Contour Brush
- Best drugstore: NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
- Best luxury: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Contour Duo
- Best cream: Fenty Beauty Match Stix Trio
- Best travel size: NARS Contour Blush
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best contour palette overall
The best drugstore contour kitAdvertisement
The best luxury contour palette
The best cream contour kitAdvertisement
The best travel-sized contour kit
What else we consideredAdvertisement
- SC refuses to entertain plea against 100 per domicile quota in J-K
- Amid virus spike, North Macedonia holds national elections
- Hetero Healthcare Ltd starts supply of generic Remdesivir
- Kelly Marie Tran to star in horror anthology series 'Monsterland'
- German police launch raids over suspected terror offences