The best cream eyeshadows you can buy
- Cream eyeshadows can deliver beautiful, buildable pigmentation without needing any brushes - it's basically like using adult fingerpaint.
- The Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadows are our top pick because they're longlasting, easy to use, and available in an array of stunning, unique shades, and finishes.
I love cream makeup of all kinds - cream blush, cream highlighter, cream bronzer, and of course, cream eyeshadow. Cream formulas melt into the skin for a totally seamless, natural finish and can be applied with fingertips. You can use a brush too if you want, but I find it easier to use just my fingers. In fact, I almost always pack exclusively cream makeup when traveling because it's just so easy to use on the go.
Some might find cream formulas overwhelming, but I think it's nearly impossible to mess up once you get the hang of it. Just one swipe with your finger can give you complete coverage, and the blendability is often unparalleled when compared to powders. When I want to create an easy eye look with just one color, I often reach for my stash of cream eyeshadows.
Though I described creams as "natural" at the beginning of this article, not all of them provide a no-makeup-makeup look - plenty of creams are extremely pigmented and intense. In fact, many of the cream shadows featured on this list are the ones I reach when I'm going for high-drama.
The best cream eyeshadows you can buy:
- Best eyeshadow overall: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick
- Best sheer: Jillian Dempsey Lid Tints
- Best drugstore: Maybelline ColorTattoo Metal 24Hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow
- Best cream-to-powder: Pat McGrath EYEdols Eyeshadow
- Best glitter: Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.