The best curl-reviving sprays you can buy for second-day hair
- Second-day hair is a way of life for curly-haired folks who've embraced the benefits of not washing hair with every shower. In fact, you shouldn't wash curly hair so often because it can become dry and prone to breakage.
- Curl-reviving products are a quick and easy way to refresh your style in between washes, banishing flat bedhead and reviving droopy curls instantly.
- They come as sprays, mists, gels, creams, and more, but all serve the same purpose of re-activating your hair's curl pattern.
- Our favorite is AG Hair Curl Re:Coil Curl Activator because it works on dry or damp hair to define and reshape curls.
One of the best things I ever did for my curly hair was to break up with daily washes (and real shampoo, but that's another story). My hair frequently looks better on the second or even third day after shampooing and conditioning.
But curls are temperamental beasts. Sometimes I'll wake up on a non-wash day with bouncy, luscious ringlets and other times I wake up with a flat, matted bird's nest.
Luckily, there's a whole category of curl revivers on the market - sprays and mists designed to refresh tired curls between cleanses, whether you're an every-two-days or every-two-weeks kind of washer.
Curl-reviving products are usually packed with ingredients that hydrate and defrizz, restoring your style to its original, freshly washed glory (or close to it) with no shower required. If you've already made friends with shower caps and silk pillowcases, finding a curl refresher you love is the next step.
Here are the best curl-reviving products you can buy:
- Best overall: AG Hair Curl Re:Coil Curl Activator
- Best detangling: Ouidad Botanical Boost Curl Energizing & Refreshing Spray
- Best for frizzy hair: Living Proof No Frizz Instant De-Frizzer
- Best scalp-soothing: DevaCurl Mist-er Right Dream Curl Refresher
- Best for loose curls: Kristin Ess The One Signature Hair Water
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best overall
The best detangler
The best for frizzy hair
The best for scalp health
The best for loose curls
What else we considered
- Best smartphones with 120Hz refresh rate
- Best HDMI switchers you can get for your TV
- Best 7.1 gaming headphones for a surround sound experience
- The last Solar Eclipse of 2021: Date, time and everything you need to know
- Ahmedabad and Bengaluru see a big jump in hiring activity in November