The best curling irons you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- With the right curling iron and a little bit of practice, you can get gorgeous beachy waves or tightly curled ringlets with ease.
- The Xtava 5 in 1 Professional Curling Wand and Curling Iron Set is our top pick because it can give you any kind of curl you want for less than $50.
- But there are a few others you might want to look at before deciding.
Out of all the heat styling tools you can use on your hair, the curling iron is the one that requires the most practice to see what type of curl and look you like.However, the results you can achieve are just as reliant upon the type of curling iron you choose.
Whether you have fine hair, thick hair, or something that falls in-between, you won't be lacking in choices when it comes to finding the perfect one. Fine hair is especially prone to breakage, so it's important to find an iron that offers low heat - and well as the ability to control those settings. Ceramic barrels, or barrels made with a combination of ceramic and tourmaline, are best for even heating to prevent any unexpected hot spots that can also damage hair.
For thick, heavy hair that may need a little help when it comes to holding curls, an iron that offers higher temperature settings will help create styles that won't fall flat in a matter of hours. A coated barrel will also prevent naturally textured hair from sticking or pulling while you style.
We've done the research scouring the Internet for articles and recommendations, reading the product reviews, and even testing it on our own hair to find the best curling irons for every budget and hair type.
Here are our top picks for the best curling irons:
- Best overall: Xtava 5 in 1 Professional Curling Wand and Curling Iron Set
- Best for thick hair: Hot Tools Professional Multi-heat Control Curling Iron
- Best for fine hair: Xtava Twist Hair Curling Wand
- Best on a budget: Infiniti Pro by Conair Ceramic Curling Wand
- Best high-end option: Dyson AirWrap Styler
Updated 6/18/19 by Jada Wong: Updated copy, formatting, links, prices, and swapped in Dyson AirWrap as our best high-end option.
Keep reading to learn all about our top picks for the best curling irons.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.