The best dash cams you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- A reliable dashboard camera can prove fault after a car accident, capture amazing footage of your road trip, or help keep an inexperienced young driver responsible out there on the roads.
- The Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam is our top pick because its high-definition camera captures crystal clear footage day and night, while its cabin camera also records what's going on in the car.
Why should you get a dash camera for your car? Well, let's answer that question by asking a few others. First, do you like being held responsible for car accidents that were in no way your fault? Do you like capturing epic video of your awesome road trip? Do you enjoy being the victim of fraud when someone claims you injured him or her through dangerous driving? And do you like being able to keep tabs on the people driving your cars, be they your child, your employee, or your roommate Greg?The correct answers to those questions are, in order, no, yes, no, and yes, by the way.
A dashboard camera is a the single best way to protect your rights in the event of a car accident or fraudulent injury case, as they objectively record the road ahead, capturing license plate information, traffic sign and signal data, and the actions of other vehicles and pedestrians in proximity to your car.
Many dash cams also have a cabin camera that records the interior of the vehicle, an important safety feature for a taxi or rideshare driver or for monitoring the driver of a vehicle you own or for which you're responsible even when not driving it. In other words, forget about he said she said and go with high-definition video recordings.
On a lighter note, dash cams are great for recording fun-filled bits of footage during drives around the city or for capturing sweeping vistas as you log miles and miles out on the open road. And cabin cameras, especially those equipped with good audio recording abilities, can also log hilarious exchanges shared by families or friends, turning moments into memories to be shared and replayed for years to come.
Here are the best dash cams you can buy:
- Best dash cam overall: Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam
- Best dash cam for accident protection: VAVA 2K QHD Dash Cam
- Best discreet dash cam: DDPai Mini2 Dash Cam
- Best affordable dash cam: APEMAN C450 Series A Dash Cam
- Best dash cam with two cameras: AUKEY DR03 Dual Dash Cam
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.