The best deals you can find at Costco, according to employees
- Costco membership provides access to a store known for its deals and bulk quantities.
- Business Insider reached out to Costco employees to find out what they thought were the best deals in the store.
- Employees highlighted a huge range of products, from bananas to hearing aids to the $1.50 food court hot dog.
But Costco employees themselves know firsthand which deals are worth it - and which are best to skip.Advertisement
Costco membership is supposed to bring about some major savings. The retail chain is famous for selling items in bulk, which can help you save money, if you know what you're doing. It also boasts a food court that hawks cheap and yummy eats, and tons of surprising and quirky offerings.
A Costco employee with 15 months of experience told Business Insider that seasonal items can make for pretty good deals when supplies of the product are running low. "They are marked with an asterisk on signage and can be marked down quite a bit," they said.
But there are plenty of other products that Costco workers think are worth your money. "You just have to pay attention," said one worker with two years of experience at Costco.Business Insider spoke with 35 Costco employees to get their ideas on what items you should consider buying at the retail chain.
Here are some things you might want to consider picking up on your next Costco run, according to workers:
The $1.50 hot dog from the food courtAdvertisement
Name brand products like Tommy Bahama, Birkenstock, and Adidas
Over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and prescription drugs
The food court
Chocolate covered almonds
Everything in the store
- Delhi records 13,00 new COVID-19 cases
- Here are 10 things that Elon Musk-backed OpenAI’s new language model GPT-3 can do
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Maharashtra: IMD
- Goa to get second COVID-19 facility in Ponda, tweets CM Sawant
- Here’s a model stock portfolio for the ‘moderate’ risk-taker