The best dental products you can buy for cats
- Providing your cat with dental health-care at home can help to reduce or even avoid expensive dental treatments at the vet.
- Our top pick, Virbac C.E.T. Oral Hygiene Chews for Cats, appeals to cats, easy to provide on a daily basis, and supplements other dental-care efforts.
You've carefully chosen a nutritious food for your cat, make sure it stays active, and keep up-to-date on vaccines and vet appointments. But if you're not keeping up with your cat's dental health, your cat could face health issues in the future. Gum disease and tooth decay are just a few issues that can occur, and your cat may need expensive dental cleanings or even tooth extractions if the problems get too bad.
Luckily, there are ways you can get your cat's dental health under control, right at home. These dental products for cats can help remove tartar, reduce the bacteria that can cause dental issues, and even leave your cat's breath smelling fresh. Using these products will not eliminate the need for professional dental cleaning, but you may be able to put it off while keeping your cat's teeth healthy.A few of these products require you to take the time to get your cat used to their smell and use. Don't expect that your cat will let you brush its teeth or apply an oral rinse on the first day you try it. Instead, approach training your cat to accept these products as a long-term process. Review these directions on how to train your cat to allow you to handle its mouth and brush its teeth, and then be patient. Some cats - especially younger cats - may take to this quickly, while others will require more time before they're comfortable. Advertisement
In addition to the products, you can also buy many different cat foods designed to promote dental health. Because cats all have different nutrition needs, we haven't included these foods in this guide. Instead, we encourage you to discuss dental-health cat foods with your veterinarian and get their recommendation on a diet suitable for your cat.
While these products have been evaluated on a number of factors, including their effectiveness, they are not a replacement for regular veterinary care and, perhaps, dental work. These products may help to prolong the amount of time in between dental cleanings, but always refer to your veterinarian for information on your cat's individual dental health needs.
Here are our top picks for the best dental products for cats:
- Best overall: Virbac C.E.T. Oral Hygiene Chews for Cats
- Best for brushing teeth: Enzadent Toothbrush and Toothpaste Kit
- Best rinse: Dentahex Oral Rinse
- Best dental treats: Feline Greenies Dental Cat Treats
- Best dental toy: Petstages Catnip Chew Mice
Keep scrolling to read more about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best overall
The best for brushing teethAdvertisement
The best rinse
The best dental treatsAdvertisement
The best dental toy
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store