The best eyelash curlers you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- If perky, lifted lashes are what you seek, then it's time to add an eyelash curler to your makeup bag.
- With its sleek design, flat surface, and no-pinch curling, the Surratt Beauty Relevée Lash Curler is the absolute best of the bunch.
Applying mascara without first curling your lashes is kind of like cooking pasta without first salting the water. Sure, you'll get edible pasta, but it's not going to taste good. Even if you're using a curling mascara, you'll never get the results you'd get with the help of a tool created specifically for the task.All that said, lash curlers can seem scary to a lot of beauty newbies. Let's be honest - they look like mini medieval torture devices. The idea of placing something made out of metal that close to your eyes is enough to make your skin crawl. What if it pinches? What if you poke yourself in the eye? Or worse, what if you pull out your lashes? Just the thought of using an eyelash curler is exhausting and intimidating.
The trick is to know exactly how to use a lash curler, which is not as difficult as you may think. All you've got to do is gently lay the rounded side of the curler flush against your eyelid so that the top clamp is right above your lashes. Then, gently and slowly pulse the lever two to three times to curl your lashes. If you go slowly, you'll be able to catch yourself before you pinch your eyelid, which is probably what scares people the most about this whole process.
You can curl your lashes both before and after you apply mascara. It's always a good idea to give your lashes a curl ahead of application to get that perfect U-shape and then a second curl after your mascara dries for some more drama - and who doesn't love that?
But just because all lash curlers tend to look the same doesn't mean they're actually the same. They're shaped, sized, and curl differently. So which are the best of the bunch? We've put together the top lash curlers on the market. Your perfect eye makeup look is only one curl away.
Here are the best eyelash curlers you can buy in 2019:
- The best eyelash curler overall: Surratt Beauty Relevée Lash Curler
- The best pro-approved eyelash curler: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- The most versatile eyelash curler: Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
- The best curler for hard-to-reach lashes: Preo / Prima Curl Up Japanese Eyelash Curler
- The best affordable eyelash curler: Tweezerman Classic Eyelash Curler Model No. 1034-R
Updated on 5/15/2019 by Jada Wong: Updated formatting, prices, links, added Tweezerman Classic Eyelash Curler Model No. 1034-R in place of Sonia Kashuk Dramatic Dramatically Defined Lash Curler as it's been discontinued, and added Prima Curl Up Japanese Eyelash Curler in place of Shiseido The Makeup Eyelash Curler,