The best face oils you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- A good face oil can transform your skin and give you a glowing complexion in an instant.
- It can also be the ultimate skin saver in the harsh winter months.
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil is our top pick because it moisturizes, balances, and rejuvenates any skin type.
If you haven't heard the hype surrounding face oils and their benefits, where have you been? Facial oils have around for millennia and even Queen Cleopatra was fan. They are now the hottest celebrity trend with everyone from Miranda Kerr to Gwyneth Paltrow using them in their beauty routines.
Facial oils can do wonders for your complexion. As well as acting as a sealant on your skin to keep moisture locked in, the latest generation of oils come with many beneficial properties from fighting acne to targeting the signs of aging. Plus, the results are instant.
Different oils target different skin concerns and the right facial oil for you depends largely on your skin type. Heavier oils such as avocado are more suited to dry or mature skin, whereas lighter oils like jojoba that absorb into your skin are better for oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin. Facial oils can be skin savers in the harsh winter months when your complexion needs a boost.
Although facial oils are usually recommended for your evening skin-care routine, you can use them in the morning too if you feel your skin can handle it. Just like serums, you pat a few drops of oil onto your skin, then moisturize. Or, you can mix it with moisturizer first, which is what I prefer to do. Facial oil can also be used on hands, neck, chest, and any other dry area that needs extra TLC, or on your hair to tame frizz.
We've researched hundreds of shopper and expert reviews and tested the top contenders to come up with the best facial oils you can buy for your skin type.
Here are our top picks for the best face oils for your skin type:
- Best face oil overall: Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
- Best face oil for dry skin: e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil
- Best face oil for oily or combination skin: Herbivore Lapis Facial Oil
- Best face oil for sensitive skin: The Ordinary
- Best face oil for acne-prone skin: Sunday Riley U.F.O Ultra-clarifying Facial Oil
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best face oil overall
The best face oil for dry skin
The best face oil for oily or combination skin
The best face oil for sensitive skin
The best face oil for acne-prone skin
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month
- L&T aims to become carbon neutral by 2040 and here's how
- Paytm may drop its pre-IPO sale as advisors recommend lower valuation