The best facial sunscreens you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Yes, you really should be wearing sunscreen daily - even in the winter or when it's cloudy - to protect your skin from short- and long-term UV damage.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50 is the best face sunscreen because it's a broad spectrum sunscreen that's as comfortable to wear as it is good for your skin.
I don't think you need me to go into all the possible annoyances when it comes to wearing sunscreen, especially on your face. A lot of formulas are seriously lacking in the comfort and "ease of use" departments. And yet, you really should be wearing it every single day, regardless of season or level of cloud cover. Ain't no rest for the wicked, or for UV rays.But from pilling to white cast to that heavy, oil-slicked feeling, there are plenty of reasons why you might hesitate to reach for your bottle in the morning. Let's face it - there are some dud sunscreens, but there are also great options to be found once you know where to look. The trial-and-error is well worth it, I promise.
After all, we're not just talking anti-aging here - sunscreen use is vital for cancer prevention and your overall long-term health. Whether you prefer physical or chemical formulations, you can find the sunscreen that's right for you. The picks in our guide work for a variety of skin types, complexions, and lifestyles.
Here are the best face sunscreens you can buy:
- Best face sunscreen overall: La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Mineral Sunscreen
- Best face sunscreen for moisturizing: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
- Best tinted face sunscreen: Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50
- Best powder face sunscreen: Colorscience Sunforgettable Mineral SPF 50 Sunscreen Brush
- Best clear face sunscreen: Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.